Wikifunctions is a Wikimedia project for everyone to collaboratively create and maintain a library of code functions to support the Wikimedia projects and beyond, in the world's natural and programming languages.
A "function" is a sequence of programming instructions that makes a calculation based on data you provide. Functions can answer questions, such as how many days have passed between two dates, or the distance between two cities.
Functions to try out
- reverse string (Z10012): Inverts the order of the characters in a String (see Z10548 for one with Unicode grapheme support)
- is palindrome (Z10096): test if a string is the same when read forward and backward (see Z10553 for one with Unicode grapheme support)
- substring exists (Z10070): Check if a substring exists within another string
- To Uppercase (Z10018): Convert a string to uppercase letters
- To Lowercase (Z10047): Convert a string to lowercase letters
- join strings (Z10000): combine two strings, one after the other
- Trim String (Z10079): Remove starting and ending whitespaces
- is empty string (Z10008): true if the input string is empty
- string equality (Z866): True if the first string and the second string are the same
- Boolean equality (Z844): returns true only if both inputs are equal
- more functions…
Learn and contribute
- Upcoming meetings
- The next Volunteers' Corner will be at 2023-11-06, 18:30 UTC on Google Meet at meet.google.com/xuy-njxh-rkw.
- Recent updates about Wikifunctions
- 2023-10-25: Running on WebAssembly
- 2023-10-04: Arguments made easier
- 2023-09-27: Serializers and deserializers for types
- 2023-09-20: Renderers and parsers for types
- 2023-09-08: Let’s start building morphological paradigms!
- 2023-08-31: Wikimania digest, CoSMo language, GFpedia demo, CCKS keynote
- 2023-08-14: Wikifunctions at Wikimania
- 2023-08-07: Wikifunctions is starting up
- 2023-07-26: Wikifunctions is up (read-only)
- 2023-07-20: Planning deployment dates