If you have found a bug in Wikifunctions, or you have a feature request for Wikifunctions, please let us know!
- Bug - a problem that is producing incorrect or unexpected results on Wikifunctions. Note that problems within Functions themselves are not considered as a bug in this context.
- Feature request - an idea that the development team can add to Wikifunctions to make it even more awesome.
Do you need help with something else?
- The following are out of scope of the work of the Wikifunctions development team:
- The content of individual Functions – Discuss those on the talkpage of the Function itself, or ask for help at Wikifunctions:Project chat or in the channels listed below; if you think a function is missing, see Wikifunctions:Suggest a function
- The Wikifunctions project's policies – Ask about those at Wikifunctions:Project chat or in the channels listed below
Find existing bugs and feature requests
- See Wikifunctions:Status for a quick summary of high-level issues.
- You can search the Phabricator listing of open tasks to see if your bug or feature idea is already documented.
Discuss with others
You can ask questions about possible bugs or feature ideas at a few locations. This may be helpful if you are unsure how to clearly describe the bug or feature idea:
- The discussion page here.
- The main chat on Telegram or IRC #wikipedia-abstractconnect (bridged together) (logs, old logs)
- The developer chat on Telegram or IRC #wikipedia-abstract-techconnect (bridged together) (logs)
File a task in Phabricator
If you are familiar with Phabricator, you can search and file tasks directly.
If you are not yet familiar: Phabricator is the web-based development collaboration tool mostly used to manage MediaWiki software projects including Wikifunctions. A short summary about Phabricator for newcomers, including tutorial videos, is on MediaWiki's wiki at mw:Phabricator/Help.
- You can search the listing of open tasks to see if your bug or feature idea is already documented.
- The existing tasks are collected with the #abstract wikipedia team tag.
- You can file a new task. Please always include:
- Any relevant links
- For bugs: The exact steps that produced the bug, so that the team can reproduce and diagnose it.
The development team understands a limited number of languages – but you are free to report issues in any language that you're comfortable with.
If possible, please provide a summary in English when creating a phabricator task, or ask someone to help you.
- The locations above are followed by the Wikifunctions development team, as well as community members. The time to get a reply varies depending on the nature or complexity of the topic, etc. However, in general, you can get an answer within 2 workdays. Please let us know if we missed something, as life can get distracting!
- Not all problems can be solved immediately: depending on the impact, priority, etc. some bugs can be triaged to low priority. You may follow the status of your report on the relevant linked phabricator task.